Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Paddling the Churchill

Last weekend Johnny and I had a great opportunity to join a few members of the canoe club in an introductory whitewater paddling trip in Northern Saskatchewan. We had a fantastic time and met some awesome people and loved riding the rapids! I have put together a video from everyone's pictures and I will let that tell most of the tale. Just a few things to add:

1. Johnny and I didn't flip once on the first day of whitewater! (woot!)

2. Before we left camp Saturday morning, we stopped a slowly smoldering forest fire that must have been started by the campers before us (there is one picture of us firefighters in the video)

3. We rented a couple of boats from Churchill River Canoe Outfitters and they were great!

4. Here are a few of my favourite pics from the trip:



kat

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)