Wednesday, August 31, 2005

this time next week...

.. I will be in Sydney! What a strange thought. Not only that, but this time tomorrow I will no longer have a home or workplace in Vancouver (though I will be staying at my current home for one last night).

It's been hard to convince myself that this trip is actually happening. Somehow it just feels utterly surreal. I suppose it's like that for most trips though - being so used to a routine makes such a drastic deviation from it seem the realm of fantasy.

Today I picked up my plane ticket from Travel Cuts. Holding it in my hands and looking at that red carbon paper does help to bring the whole concept into reality. Tomorrow I will pack my remaining belongings into my backpack and get rid of the rest of my lingering odds and ends. That will help too.

I was thinking on my ride home tonight about how so far my biggest adventures seem to work out differently than expected. When I was a student, I thought about going on exchange to New Zealand. Then suddenly the opportunity to go to Portugal instead just fell into my lap, so I took it. This time I was going to go to Bolivia. I learned about Intiwarayassi from a co-worker at Mount Seymour and decided I would go in September. But then, out of the blue came the opportunity to be paid to go to Australia (paid in exchange for work, but paid nonetheless). So here I go. I wonder what adventure I will Not end up having next!

I came home tonight to find my roommate was having a party. Apparently one of his guests has consumed a little too much CH3CH2OH. About every 20 minutes since I got home, I've heard him stumbling across the kitchen then emitting unpleasant sounds from the bathroom. I just don't understand the fun in that. But anyhow.. everyone else seems to have things under control.

Well I guess I'm just rambling now. In fact this whole thing was about rambling. I'll stop now.

I'm going to try to cut down on the length of these posts.. really.

ooh that one sounded especially nasty.

-kat

Comments:
Hey Katie...I love reading your "ramblings", keep them coming! Have a wonderful trip and a great new adventure! I'll be thinking of you as always!

Love,
Lori
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)