Friday, September 09, 2005

a home! a home!

yes, I have a home! It is in the suburb called Maroubra (where suburbs do not mean quite the same thing as they do in Vancouver - it's not as if I'm living in Langley!). Suburbs around Sydney are what I would probably call neighbourhoods. And if I had to equate Maroubra with one of the neighbourhoods I know in Vancouver, well hmm I don't know Marpole very well, but maybe something like that. Except with a beach. It's a little way from the city and not so trendy (the equivalent of Kits might be something like Bondi, which is where my hostel was). I expect my ride in to the city (whenever I manage to get myself a bike) will probably take about as long as my ride from Commercial to UBC took (i.e. a little under an hour). I am glad for that. And though I'm not certain what route I will take, at least part of it will be on a dedicated bike trail through some parks, so that will be nice. I have a couple of friendly roommates named Kelly and Cameron, a balcony right off of my room, a deck, an orange tree in the backyard, and some lovely green carpeting. When I get around to it, it will probably take me about 10 minutes to walk down to what I have heard several people call the best surfing beach in Sydney. hmm.. perhaps I should give surfing another try.

Anyhoo, if you want my address and phone number, send me an email with the word kookaburra in the subject line and I will send it to you (assuming I know you :).

kat.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)