Sunday, October 23, 2005

hairy friends

I woke up this morning to find that I had a new hairy friend sharing my bedroom.
Here is a picture of one of his friends (unfortunately my camera batteries were nearly dead so I didn't get a good shot of him myself):




I decided that I did not really like the idea of Harry here making himself too much at home while I was at work, so I captured him in a takeaway container and sent him out to the balcony. Luckily, he didn't jump off the wall when I tried to catch him, which I agree would be rather disconcerting.

Here are some more facts about huntsman spiders, which I can confirm are rather common about this country - I still remember my first encounter with one in an outhouse somewhere along the Princes Highway.

UPDATE
My friend came back this evening to say goodnight. Now that my camera batteries had been charged, I grabbed a few pictures before unceremoniously throwing him off the balcony. The thing that is a little worrisome is that both this morning and this evening, I threw out a spider with 7 legs, and the same 7 legs. And there are 2 legs on my windowsill. I suspect it is the same spider, but I wouldn't imagine he started with 9 legs...

Comments:
OMG they bite!!!! can you put a screen up on your window? do you expect more??
 
ZOMG! I wanted to ask if you picked it up so that I could see how big it is in relation to you! I forgot how big Diego's head is... This makes me look forward to more austrailian bug reports!
 
Hi. You nad Mme. Lynne are leaving for Australia... TOMORROW!!!!! Take tons of pictures and spare batteries. And a WHOLE lot of underwear might be a good idea incase you something huge and hairy... like that spider you found. I almost passed out when i found a gecko in my roomn texas.

Well, anyway, have SOOOOO much fun in Australia.

P.S. Nine of the worlds ten most poisenous spiders live in Australia. Have you been watching Crocodiule Dundee or Crocodile Hunter lately?!

P.P.S. Mme. Lynne: We will miss you SOOOOOOO much ( you have no idea how MUCH)!!! ( Not that Mr.Mohitt is THAT bad, but... GETTING OFF TOPIC!!! (You teach us well))

Have a lot of fun!!!

- Becca

Oh, yeah, try this blog ( i jsut found it) : muddledup275.iblogs.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)