Tuesday, October 11, 2005

turkey? pelican.

This Thanksgiving I didn't eat any turkey. Nor did I eat any pelican. But I did see more pelicans than I have ever before seen in my life! I even saw pelicans yawning - when they yawn their beak pouches flip inside out over their necks to reveal their pink throats. Sometimes it looked like they would get stuck like that, but unfortunately they always recovered before I could get a picture - you'll have to take a look at this one if you want to see.

I really had no idea that so many pelicans in my future when I decided to visit the town of Woy Woy, a short train ride North of Sydney. I was mainly going to visit the bike shop, which I had found on the internet and seemed to be a good source of folding bicycles - a mode of transportation which I'm starting to think might be a good choice for a person very much like myself. Well, the bike shop was a bit of a bust, since they didn't have much in stock, but the train ride was gorgeous and the pelicans plus the beachside walk made the visit to Woy Woy more than worthwhile. Anyhow, who could resist a place with a name like that?

Some Pelican pictures coming soon!

Comments:
You're a pelican!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)