Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Off to a foreign land

So tomorrow morning my mom and I are flying from Hobart clear over to the
other side of the continent, to a town many here describe as the foreign
country of Perth.

We spent Christmas Day hiking around Freycinet Peninsula in the sunshine
followed by a dip in the crystal blue waters of Wineglass Bay. Everyone
else says it was chilly but I beg to differ - the water temperature was
perfect.

The fun in the sun was followed by a tramp up to "Twilight Tarn" in Mt.
Field National park last night where we stayed in an old ski hut built in
um I forget but a long time ago. They used to ski in with ball gowns and
tuxedos so they could lounge around the cabin in style. And they had very
large tins of baked beans and biscuits. This morning we hiked out along
"Tarn Shelf" through very cool alpine winds, but now back down at sea
level it is very warm again.

Well, that's about all I have to say at the moment. The next time you
hear from us, we will be out west!

Cheers,
Katie


Comments:
I'm glad to hear you are enjoying large vats of beans. Do you plan to be learning how to ski in ball gowns? I imagine that lends a bit of extra padding, though I'd be a little concerned about mobility!

happy new year!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)