Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wow! An avocado tree!

Here it was.. a huge avocado tree right in my own backyard.

And it took me until today to realize it! When I first got here it only bore leaves, I think. Presumably at some point it had flowers, but I don't remember those. Recently I started to see little fruits but without examining them closely, I had no idea what they were. But this swelteringly hot (39C now at 7PM!!) day, I look outside and see hundreds of growing avocadoes! I wonder what one tastes like fresh from the tree. Sadly, I fear that none of them will be truly ripe by next Wednesday morning when I leave this abode, and an unripe avocado probably doesn't taste that great even freshly picked. But I think I will try one anyhow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)