Monday, January 23, 2006

Back to camp!

Hello hello,

Just a quick note to let y'all know that I am heading back to camp for another week! Since I last posted anything, I have survived yet another cyclone (they really didn't have much effect here except to give us a little wind, a little rain, and some higher-than-usual tides) and I have become a certified "Turtle Tracker". This morning out on my stretch of beach I identified 9 turtle nests, probably all from Green turtles (due to the storminess, I couldn't say for sure for a couple of them). Otherwise, things have been pretty quiet lately. The weather hasn't been amenable to getting any further snorkelling in, but I am hopeful that that will change soon. I am looking forward to going out to camp again where exciting things seem to happen with greater frequency.

Ta ta,

Kat

Comments:
hey katie sounds like lots of fun, thanks for the latest postcard, lav!
 
ooh yes! I got a postcard exactly on Austrailia Day! very appropriate! I can't wait to see more turtle pictures!
 
Hello Katie
This is Clive. You met Sebastian and me at Pine valley and later stayed at Rob and Ruth's in Deloraine. Glad to hear that you are enjoying some of the wonderful things our country has to offer.
Regards ccssimps@bigpond.net.au
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)