Friday, February 10, 2006

I would walk 500 km..

So, here I am in Albany. I have just purchased enough oatmeal to last me for a month and I am nearly ready to start hiking up the Bibbulmun Track. In my pack can be found a minimum of clothing, my new harmonica (since I left my old one at home), and 3 of the 40 fantabulous mangoes that we purchased from someone's backyard on the way from Exmouth to Busselton. The only thing I'm short on is matches. I keep chanting in my head "matches, matches, matches" since it would be a sad thing if I forgot to get any more and had to eat my oatmeal and bourghul raw.

I think this first day is going to be a short one by the time I finally get out on the trail, which I have a feeling may be a bit of a trek from town (I will sort out those details soon enough). Starting tomorrow, I will be picking up the pace, however, since I would like to cover at least 500kms by the end of the month, at which point I will bus the remainder of the distance back to Perth. Hmm 29km a day. Might be doable.

You will probably hear from me again before the trip is completed since I do pass through a few towns along the way and might need to stop for something more to go with my oatmeal.

I'm not sure if I mentioned in my last post that I have added a few new pictures to my gallery.. you can see them here. Hopefully there will be a few more showing up once I get to Perth.

Bye for now!

Kat

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)