Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Living in Perth For a Month

Hello All,

Sorry, it has been awhile. At least it feels like it has. That's what tends to happen when I stop moving around and seeing new things, I guess.

Anyhow. Let me get you up to speed. After completing my hike from Albany to Walpole (for a total of a measly 200km), I caught a bus and a train back up to Perth instead of hiking the remaining 760-odd kilometres. My legs thanked me for it, though I was definitely recovering from the pain of the first half of the trip by the time I got to Walpole. I spent a total of about 7 or 8 nights on the track, and each time I had a whole hut all to myself. Often there was reading material, and thankfully there was always water. And you could always find amusement in reading the random things that people wrote in the log book. Someday I would like to hike the whole track.

But not this month. In this instance, I was quite happy to get back to Perth. Back at turtle camp, it so happens that I met a very nice Aussie bloke named Michael. His place is my temporary home for the next month. I am staying at Murdoch University, acting as an imposter student. Well, I'm not going to classes or anything, but I did go and play ultimate with a bunch of students last night. If you want to know how to reach me as the snails do, let me know and I will send you Michael's address.

My current task is to find myself some sort of work (volunteer or otherwise) to occupy my spare time until the end of March when I fly out East to meet up with Scott for some further wilderness explorations. And I am working on the pictures. Slowly but surely, they shall appear.

Katiekat.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)