Sunday, February 05, 2006

Snorkel Shnorkel

Snorkelling is awesome! Over the past week, I have been snorkelling nearly every day. I have seen thousands of tropical fish, 3 green turtles, 2 live sharks and 1.5 dead ones, a moray eel, enormous blue starfish, a stingray with a 2.5m long barb, a sea urchin with 30cm long spines, and a giant clam about as wide as my forearm, among other things.

In other news, today is my last day in Exmouth monitoring turtles. Starting early tomorrow morning I will be catching a ride as far south as Busselton, from where I plan to catch a bus to Albany and start walking my way northward on the Bibbulmum track. I don't really expect to do the whole track after all, but I'd like to cover at least 500km or so. I'm looking forward to getting south and to a cooler climate. It has been gorgeous here, but every minute that you're not in the water or an air-conditioned room, you are making plans for how you will next attain one of those states.

Hmm, what else do I have to say? Well, I tried my very first lamington yesterday. Though I don't have much praise for Australian baking in general, and though they didn't look very appealing to me from the start, this one was actually quite tasty. It was jam-filled, which apparently isn't quite traditional, but I think it was a good addition.

Well, that's all for now.. I'm not feeling particularly inspired at the moment. Next up, a report from the track!

Kat

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)