Friday, April 14, 2006

In the Singapore Airport

This is my second time in the Singapore airport. Actually, I guess it is the third. But I think they must have upgraded recently (within the last 3 years), because I don't remember it having this much Stuff. There are these free internet access terminals all over the place. There is a little movie theatre (though it seems to be playing some pretty obscure movies this morning). There is a rooftop sunflower garden with "cool mist" spraying out at you. There is a pond with Koi and tropical flowers all around it. And of course, more perfume and liquor stores than one could ever possibly need. Then if you want to pay for it, there is a gym and massage parlour, etc too. I'd say it's certainly one of the better airports you could hope to be stuck in (I'm not actually here for that long this time around, however). I am excited about getting to Kuala Lumpur in a few hours' time. Amazingly enough, by sheer coincidence I will be staying at the same backpackers' that my mom stayed at when she went through KL on her way to India.. so it sounds like it was a good choice. Everywhere else I tried to phone seemed to have a disconnected or not-in-service number anyhow.

I'm still not entirely sure what I will be doing in Malaysia, though I do have a rough idea of a few places I'd like to get to. My primary goal is to see my first ever monkey. Well, I suppose I've probably seen them in zoos before, but that doesn't count. From what I have heard, I don't think this goal will be hard to achieve, so I don't expect I will be disappointed.

My breakfast on the plane this morning (Singapore Airlines) was rice vermicelli with chicken and veggies.. it also contained 2 VERY spicy bits of red chili pepper. After numbing half of my mouth on the first one, I removed the other and opted not to apply the extra chilli sauce supplied on the side. But it was pretty tasty.

Well, onwards and upwards.. or something. Perhaps I will go take a closer look at the fish pond.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)