Monday, September 24, 2007

Reasons to empty your pockets before doing laundry OR The Ipod that went through the wash

Ok, so, apparently this is not a unique story... there are all kinds of Google results for "ipod through wash". I, like the others, heard a lot of clanking as I was doing laundry today. Acutally, I didn't hear it with the washer - only the dryer. I did even get around to investigating at one point in the middle of the cycle but couldn't really see anything wrong. It was at the end of the cycle when I opened the door that I noticed the cord of my headphones wedged firmly into the edge of the rotating part of the machine and the empty ipod sleeve in their vicinity. With a faint twinge of hope, I thought that perhaps I had taken the ipod out and that the headphones had just gotten caught up in my clothes, but a small amount of digging revealed the shiny and unscathed-LOOKING ipod there amongst my clothes. Being pretty familiar with electronics, I did know it was best to just leave it alone and not turn it on at least overnight and possibly for a few days, but the pristine-lookingness of it and sheer impatience made me reach for the on switch. Black screen. Well, I've come this far, maybe the battery is just completely dead... why not try plugging it in to my computer (heh heh..)? Still nothing. Still the stories from others (and past experience with similar situations) keep me hopeful that it might be revived by morning. And if not then, perhaps a little later? I will keep my fingers crossed...

Meanwhile in other news, first day of practicum went pretty well. My sponsor teacher is friendly, the school principal is a very approachable and jovial fellow, and I am looking forward to actually meeting the class tomorrow!

kat

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)