Saturday, July 12, 2008

a super bike ride

I decided to go on an exploratory bike ride yesterday. I had no map, no plan except to ride and get back to my train for 19h55.. but even that part changed. I took a morning train to Vaudreuil, just outside of Montreal on one of the commuter train lines, took a note of the time, then set off along the water and to the west. Eventually I came across maps and a visitor centre and realized I could do a far more elaborate ride than initially anticipated. In the end, this is more or less what I did:


Agrandir le plan

There was a bike trail through Oka National Park (and in fact from there all the way back to Montreal) - the part in the park was really gorgeous though. I would highly recommend this circuit. I would also recommend bringing or buying more food than I did. I was starving by the time I got back home! Who knew Ontario was so easily within reach? (I didn`t actually cross the border, but I was very close).

Me and my bike, Luc-François, had a lot of fun!

kat

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)