Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I need a new plan

So yes, I was trying to make a hula hoop out of bamboo. There is a problem, however. After bathing for 4-5 days, the bamboo was barely bendable. Seems it must have been treated or something. So anyhow, now I have these 6 bamboo rods and no plan. What can I make with them?

In other news, had some fun last week: swimming at Pike Lake, watching the Perseids south of town, having Sharon (one of Johnny's friends and co-workers) over for dinner, a little paddle in some kayaks on the weekend, and yesterday I joined some slackliners and disc tossers in the park...

Also yesterday, I finally got in touch with the right person at the Saskatoon School Board, and I expect to have an in-person interview scheduled today. If that goes well enough, I should be on the substitute list for the start of the school year. I'm not aware of any openings for more regular positions, but perhaps like Vancouver you have to be a part of the system before you can apply for those. I sure hope there's work for substitutes in September here!

ps. The tent and all our other missing Regina paraphernalia are back and intact!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)