Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Wednesday Update

So I am thinking I might do a semi-regular daily/weekly-ish report on life here in Saskatoon and what's been going on. We shall see. At least there will be this one.

Today has been pretty busy so far (like most days in the past couple of weeks). I got up early (that is before Johnny left for work) to have plenty of time for it. After a tasty breakfast of toasts (I had 3 today like Johnny does instead of my usual 2, since I knew I'd be busy!) and yogourt with fresh peaches, I saw Johnny off and took the laundry upstairs to the washing machines. I like to go to the balcony up there on the 11th floor in the morning for the beautiful view eastward over the river and towards the north. Not that this is something I do regularly, but perhaps I should. Then I came down to the apartment and transplanted all of the organic herbs and flowers I picked up at Garden Patch Organics yesterday (http://www.gardenpatchorganics.com/) into their new balcony planter homes.




The grassy one is lemon grass! mmm. Time for some Thai food.

No sooner had I done all the planting and retrieved the laundry, then it was time to hit the road for the pretty riverside bike ride up to do some tutoring in Lawson Heights. For once I gave myself enough time and didn't arrive dripping with sweat, only mildly soggy like a good worm compost (speaking of which, ours is doing quite well I think). Tutoring went well and as usual was followed by snacks and a chat with my student and his mom. Then I zipped back and had some lunch out on the balcony. And well, I guess actually that's all I've done so far today. But I still have plans to contact another potential tutoring client, finish sewing up this sheet duvet cover, perhaps make some cookies, marinate some beef for bbqing tonight (with some fresh lemon grass, I'm thinking..). Oh and practice my bamboo flute.

Here it is relaxing on the couch, clothed and naked:


Tonight Johnny and I will go paddling on the river (we joined the canoe club last week!).

As for what else has been going on, well the Regina folk fest is coming up next weekend. Yesterday I played ulti and met some cool people. Last weekend was a long one and we spent it in Edmonton, mostly hanging out with Johnny's family, but also visiting my aunt and uncle there and quickly checking out Heritage Days. We drove with Johnny's former classmate and sort of coworker Sharon, whose Jeep turned out to be a real bugkiller on the highway. It got to be nearly impossible to see through the windshield on the way into Edmonton due to the residue of thousands of squashed mosquitoes, too thick for the wipers to handle. Mosquitoes were pretty bad at ulti last night too - but other than the last few days they have not really been a concern. And they never come up to our 8th floor balcony.

Well that's about all for now. À la prochaine!

kat

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)